I’ve been given a scorching 15 minutes to present the OpenCourseWare project and talk about the key outcomes of this Learnscope04 professional development project, at the Australian Flexible Learning Framework’s eLearning event on Friday 18 Feb.
Will briefly talk about:
1. how the project was conducted – 3 minutes
2. an overview of a range of free and open source software – 3 minutes
3. how we might use free and open software in education – 3 minutes
4. propose more publishing of open courseware – 3 minutes
5. and point to further readings – 3 minutes
15 minutes may not be much, but it may be enough to point people to this blog where they can download the presentation (972kB-PDF), download the paper (751kB-PDF), and view the comic strip concept outline below (included in the PDF downloads). Please note that the paper is in draft stage and yet to be accepted by the Framework.
NB. Better to right click the links and save directly to your computer rather than have them open in your browser.
Here’s a preview of the comic strip I included in it: