Text and image version for print below:
1. Go to wikiversity.org and click your prefered language. In this example we use English.
2. In the top right of the site you will see a link to login or create and account. Click that link
4. If you have already created an account you can login here. If not then click the “create an account” link just about the login fields.
5. When creating a new account, be sure to answer the math problem as this helps Wikiversity determin that you are not a program designed to automatically create accounts for advertising purposes etc. Then proceed through the next fields for user name and password. Email is optional.
6. Depending on your browser, you will be asked if you would like to have your password remembered. It is generally best practice to say no to this question as there are programs designed to retrieve saved passwords from other peoples computers. This is especially the case for Internet Explorer uses.
7. Now that you are logged in, the top right of the site has links to your account settings. Click the link that is your user name.
9. This is where you add your details to create a profile for yourself. Click edit to add details.
10. Type in your details. Add single equal signs either side of words you want for main headings (=heading=) , double equal signs either side of words that you want to be sub headings (==subheading==). Single square bracketts make hyper links with the link first, then a space, then the words you wish to hypertext [http://link.com hypertext]. When finsihed, click save below the edit box
11. Note that the saved version now has your headings and subheading listed in a content box. Those content items go to anchored headings throughout the rest of the page.