Who wants to help me gather some pros and cons about Moodle and Blackboard? Or point me to some?
- Feature Rich
- Usability (Staff and Students specific)
- Total cost of ownership
- Staff required in terms of development expertise
- Support (internal / external skill sets) also Service Contracts / Timely off site support
- Training and education to all OP staff
- Migration options / interoperability between each / course loading
- Hidden costs?
Off the top of my head (and not being a fan of any LMS) I have:
- Moodle’s design suites sequencing of learning activities more readily than Bb
- Moodle is the development base for many NZ tertiaries developing open educational resources (SCORM doesn’t always ensure successful transfer between LMS’s)
- More NZ Polytech’s use Moodle so finding experienced staff to support Moodle will be less of a hassle
- Bb is giving us grief with hyperlinking within the system (have been told that its because we are doing something that Bb was not designed to do – but hyperlinking is pretty common hey)
- Bb is uncool.. LOL